Vega-73 2/20 is a C- mount lens.
I got the lens from ebay, Ukrainian seller for Rs. 2300 INR on July 2014.
On the lens, Bera-73 2/20 is written, Bera means Vega in Russian.
It came with a macro extension tube.
I never used the lens and shelved it because I found it a bit tacky but today I Thought of trying it out due to renewed interest.
The lens is is very small!
The focus ring touches the adapter so rotating it becomes a bit hard and if some force if put, the whole lens loosens from the mount which is the downside of screw mount lenses, same for M42 lenses.
- The center is sharper than I expected. I like the results.
- Vignetting is quite strong. Not bad for special effects.
- It gives swirly bokeh.
- The photo at f/2 can get very soft or faded when taken against the light.
- I love the colour even though the camera was set at Vivid. The green looked a nice shade of green. I think it has a green tint lightly.
- Focusing was not that easy. It was hit or miss.
These photos have been resized in Photoshop and no other editing done.
All photos were taken in f/2, widest aperture.
Some of the very close-up photos were taken with macro extension tube.